Applications will be received until positions have been filled.
This is an entry level, manual and technical position in fire suppression, prevention, rescue, communications, and emergency medical services involving duties and responsibilities of an emergency and hazardous nature on a rotating shift basis, which may require the highest level of sustained exertion and agility. Work involves exposure to extreme heat, cold, dirt, low visibility and confined spaces, extreme heights, swift and standing water, disease, death in many forms and other unpleasant conditions.
· Applicant must be 18 years of age at the date of the application
· Possess high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Applicant must be either a U.S. citizen or resident alien
· Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license is required
· Successful candidates must pass a physical agility, oral and/or written testing, medical examination, drug screen, and extensive background check
· Successful candidates are required to obtain Georgia Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification within 30 months of employment (responsibility of the employee both financially and logistically) with WCFR
· US. Armed Forces Veteran
· College degree from an accredited college or university
· Georgia Firefighter Certification
· National Professional Qualification (NPQ)
o Firefighter I or II
· National Registry of Emergency or Emergency Medical technicians
o EMT-Basic, EMT-Intermediate,/Advanced, or Paramedic certification
· Technical Rescue Qualifications.
· Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Qualifications.
To apply for the position listed below with the exception of the Sheriff’s Office & Tax Commissioner’s Office, click HERE to access the application packet and information about that position. Fill it out and upload a resume and cover letter with the online application packet.